Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Ethan Hawke's, "Rules for a Knight"

I picked up this little book at the library. It is small and unassuming. Not intimidating.
It looked like a western version of the Hagakura, except fiction, which is basically what it is.
It's awesome.

I'll be reading it to Noah soon, but honestly, the language is simple enough that he can read it himself.

In it you will recognize many Buddhist teachings often found in Kung Fu movies, except re-written to make sense in European Knighthood. Now di the author make that jump or were those lessons always there? I think it was the author.

But It would be nice to write something similar for my own students. It's what I intended (sort of) with Kung Fu and Love, Parenting, all that. But I realize is that although my books are short... in a way they also have too many words.  Less is more.

Yet another project to put on the back burner.

No comments:

Post a Comment