Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Practicing Little Things

Although I have been practicing every day, recently it has all been classes where I am teaching. Although I get down into horse stance, etc. Mentally and spiritually it is not the same. I realize I have to put some time for my own practice. I decreased the amount of basics that I make the children do and that gave me an idea to do a daily practice of small things. One Mein Lay jum /Tai Chi form. Because the idea of the practice is not to get better at Mein Lei Jum but to give myself a mental break.
A few minutes of siting meditation.
Perhaps I should put an external form in there as well.
Today I performed and for some reason that always feels like a huge event even if you do the math It may not be as many hours or minutes of actual Kung Fu.

No comments:

Post a Comment