Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Praise and adaptation

Well I guess as important as it is to make the kids do class, it's also important to recognize when they need a break or when they've done enough. Today I was pretty mad at Noah acting up in class. but at the end he did 25 pushups. Like 25 real pushups. I don't think I was able to do 1 push up when I was 6 years old. So I guess the classes were doing something somehow, I don't know.

I realized that maybe I was trying to fit too much stuff into a class, and so we should still do the classes every day.. but cut down the material. And also, when he is able to do something good praise him fro it.

As for Jonah, he seems to fooling around all the time in class. But then he hit me with a bunch of cups and they hurt. So obviously the basics are working their magic, whether he is giggling or not.

Besides, once school starts the classes definitely have to be short.

I think I will stick to having the stretches being bridges and front stances and that't it. As the weather turns cold, if we continue to do classes outside it won't be a good idea to touch the ground anymore anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment