Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Feeling the Heat

You know I think when I was younger, I would still practice in this full force... but now I'm like why? I mean I might meditate. But that's it. When it gets a little cooler in the afternoon I'll start doing my Mein Lei Jum Tai Chi thing... and I feel like, I won't really practice... instead I'll just do some of this... and I forget that some people JUST practice Tai Chi. So that should be okay to me to just do that too. Nothing wrong  with it.

Somehow since the kids came back I had trouble readjusting to practicing with them. Okay the basics and forms stuff, although I was doing moves with them, the energy that was taking place there with Noah complaining...at the end of that I don't feel like I practiced, because I don't have that feeling of endorphins and release and relaxation.  I'll have to start doing stuff in the morning by myself again. And it will have to be just a little bit of something before the kids wake up.

And at some point I have to start running through what we will perform too.

I have taken to painting the lion head with Dai Dai. It is painted not in the traditional Chinese way. I don't know what people will make of it, or when I should use it. It has a giant world tree in the back with a hand and an eye. If you read  my other blog with mostly fiction you can see a bunch of myths that basically blend the Chinese, Norse and Hebrew  and Christian Myths together into one thing that makes more sense with the current scientifically proven timeline and worldview... and is sort of Sci Fi in nature. Anyway, that's where the tree comes from, and I am going to have the 9 fire bird suns that Ho Yi shot down.. except I'm using an older name Shen I and mixing it with other stuff. In other words I am making heads that have a basis in mythology that I am also making up. All this has ties to Chinese culture.... but Klingon culture also has similarities to Asian cultures... doesn't mean it's the same thing. It would make sense to bring this head out for the Lantern Festival since the Moon lady features prominently in my stories.... maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment