Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Drumming!

Today I had my kids do a drumming class. I realized this would make a good schedule break. Monday and Tuesday we do forms. Slow like Tai Chi, but they are just the form sthey know. Or in Dai Dai's case, forms he doesn't know but he will follow along. The idea is to keep Noah from forgetting and to expose the forms to Joanh. Plus the added benefits of slow Tai Chi like Kung Fu. I don't expect them to practice Gung.

Wednesday was going to be a "free" day and then Thursday and Friday would be hardcore basics days and fast Kung Fu.

Then I realized.. why not have a day where we actually focus on drumming for the whole class?

So I got out chopsticks and had them follow along on a pillow.

I'm realizing as I right this that the whole "Learn by yourself and just free style" will only get these kids so far.

Mainly because we did that today... and I didn't feel like they really got anything out of it. So I think, just like forms... I'm going to teach them a sequence to memorize.

No comments:

Post a Comment