Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Basics and Forms

It's been a while since I made the kids do Kung Fu, like the traditional basics and forms.. but today I figured we would run through everything quickly before we started a water fight. But Honestly, my low standards... I was mad because I knew that they could do better, especially Noah. Jonah could do better to but he started just not participating, which wasn't okay to me. So I ended up taking a lot of time doing really simple stuff with them, when it could have just been a run through. In retrospect maybe it was a little much. I should focus on the big picture. Like maybe today they didn't take it serious... but what about after a week of it?

But I think part of it is also I was getting mad about lack of discipline. I mena these kids were acting like real punks every since they got back from Jersey. And for most things I just let everything fly. But for this I put my foot down. It's not like we were doing two hour horse stance or even 100 each basic. It was 10 of each basic... but you had to do it well.

I guess this will be an every day thing from now on, and Dai Dai is going to have to step it up. I had been only going over what we are going to perform, for the Lantern festival.. which I had still planned to do. This traditional stuff was just going to be warm up. But it's the end of the day... maybe we'll perform it for Mommy in a minute or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment