Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, August 25, 2014

Visiting relatives.

We are on a little adventure visiting Grace's parents and some cousins along the way. So my boys got to see some aunts and distant cousins. But here are some funny conversations we had among ourselves of note.

The first night sleeping in a different place was difficult and so I got up in the night to do some meditation. I thought t was just early morning, but as I waited and waited I realized it was probably more like the middle of the night. In any case, I scooched quietly along the floor to do  little meditation and stretching session, and as I got into position Grace called out in a harsh whisper.

"Shao!"

Grace was probably not fully awake. And I guess I was not fully awake either, in that I was in a very quiet restful mode that I was going to mentally continue while sitting up, through mediation. Plus I didn't want to wake the children.

So my reply was a whispered, "No."


There was a pause.


"Who are you?" Grace whispered back.

"Who do you think? Baba."
There was some more of this and I asked to be left alone. In any case, this is a bit of an inside joke now.


Another thing that was funny was Jonah was in the car next to Grace and the parents were driving.

"Mommy I lllllove you." Jonah said as Grace snuggled next to him in his car seat.

"Yeah yeah yeah, We heard already okay." was Amah's interesting reply. I suppose she is a bit jealous of Jonah's love for his mommy. Or maybe boys shouldn't love, She mentioned he would turn out to be "too feminine."

Well eating out is going to be a big part of our little trip so next post I'll probably talk about Jollie Bee and the restaurant where we just ate Shiao Long Baos

No comments:

Post a Comment