Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Splinter

Dai Dai got a splinter today at the playground. I almost got it out but all of his squirming broke it in half, so half is still in there. My Uncle usually cuts his out with a razor. And while I might do that to myself, I don't want to do that with Jonah. Though that possibility was running through my mind, as I don't where a needle is. I started talking to another Dad at the playground about it, and looking it up, apparently they can work their way out. I guess I was freaking out because Grace is always reading me some news story about flesh eating bacteria and amputation.
Jonah also started falling asleep and on the way home, he did. I washed his foot in alcohol and applied this acid thing for warts on your foot. Because I figured that would dissolve the top part of the skin and the splinter would just fall out. But then looking at the bottle I saw that I shouldn't put that stuff on irritated skin. Oops.

I was looking online and I saw something about a raisin (I guess that's from acidity) and then I saw something about baking soda (I guess that's a base.) I suppose you should not do both of these, it's either on or the other. Well I'm going to go take a look at Jonah's foot again while he's sleeping and see if I can't take the thing out. Noah is happily watching Fabric of the Cosmos, depsite protesting at first that he just wanted Angry birds right now. When Jonah wakes up, Hopefully in two hours, we will head out to the tot lot to make up for leaving the playground so early.

No comments:

Post a Comment