Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Baseball male bonding

Grace bought this toy baseball and bat and tee yesterday. It uses batteries and will shoot the soft baseballs at your kid. But we don;t have those batteries yet. And frankly, Noah really wants me to throw the ball at him. It's a social thing.

We tried it in the house and realized our folly pretty quickly. So we headed over to the park. (This was after dinner.)

Baseball is great. I don't mean the real game. I could care less about that. Yeah I know I'm from Boston and I don't care about baseball. The truth is I don't care about sports.

But I do care about Kung Fu skills.

Basically I throw the ball at Noah, he hits it and runs imaginary bases. That means he is sprinting and I don't have to sprint with him. I don't have to race him and also at the last second lose to avoid melt downs. There were some issues when he couldn't hit the ball. But thanks to the softness of the ball I could stand really close to him and it wouldn't hurt if the ball hit me.

This is a really good after dinner activity. Maybe we will try to keep this up every day. Although I'm pretty sure we are going to go over to the playground right now and play baseball too.

On the way back home, Noah had a lot of questions, about what an apartment was are we in an apartment. all these sorts of things.

And then suddenly he says, "Baba, I can't wait to shoot sperms but I don't know HOW to shoot sperms."

"Uhhh. you'll know about that when you are an adult and when you shoot sperms that's for making children. So if you shoot sperms you have to be ready to take care of children."

Of course this is not all exactly true but I think it's true for what he is talking about. I guess this is called manly father son bonding. Sports and sex and maybe beers.  Walking back home like Leave it to Beaver or some other show where Father and son walk together doing some sort of Father son activity. A world that as a child I was not really privy too and which my mother sort of tried to fill in for me. Well I guess my dad took me gambling and practiced stacking dominoes. I wanted to get in on that activity but I was not to touch them, on orders from both my father and my mother.

 I guess Noah is a real mans man. Because I'm not sure I'm going to get talk like this from Jonah. But then he will probably just ask Noah.
Jonah's questions are different and less direct and more about spelling things. Actually I think because of Noah's questioning about testicles, Jonah had questions for me in the tub last night as well.

But he said, "Why do my balls make sounds?"
"You can hear your balls making sounds?" I asked. Because I have know idea what he was talking about.
"Yes."

So I think he was just asking something for the sake of asking it. Because Noah asked. So he should ask a question too. I have to say I had no answer for his question. So if his goal was to stump me, it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment