Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Countdown to Kindergarten

Yesterday me and Noah went to his little Kindergarten party at the library. There were a bunch of arts and crafts and food and music and dancing. Basically it was a little party to get the kids excited about going to Kindergarten instead of you know, dreading it. It was great. The teachers, who were mostly playgroup leaders, were really good with kids. This is not the sort of school I remember. But then we'll see how real school is. I'm sure Noah will like it though.
Sonia Chang Diaz was there, and to illustrate a point I made in the last post, when they offered her time to speak, she waved her hand and shook her head to indicate that she was just there and she didn't need to sat anything.

Which was true. And why bore the kids with a speech. The parents have seen her presence. They'll vote for her. And if they want to come talk to her she's there, like a member of the community. That's the thing, if you show up all the time, it's almost like the people know you personally. So of course they'll vote for you.

Anyway, we made a few arts and crafts that I think I'm going to use at home. I mean, paper bag puppets is really easy. And I'm always throwing out Grace's paper bags from Duncan Donuts. Why not turn them into puppets first?

By the way if anyone else has cool arts and crafts they do at home at would like to share, I would appreciate the advice or ideas to steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment