Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Helicopter hit in Star Trek and Godfather III

Grace and I had been talking about the Godfather because of Peggy Noonan pointing out that Roth's speech to Michael was the best speech ever written and this and that when I mentioned that not much has really come out of Godfather III.

"Every time I think I'm out.. they keep pulling me back IN" Grace retorted.

"Oh yeah okay there's that," I said, "and I guess the copied that helicopter hit scene in Star Trek into darkness."


"That's not the same scene." said Grace. "I don't think they ripped that off."



Well if Grace doesn't think that's the same scene, then that means there are others out there that must think the same way. And I'm sure someone else has put these two scenes side by side somewhere. But then maybe they haven't. And even if they have, here it is. The latter scene definitely has drawn an influence from the former. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment