Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, September 1, 2014

Tricycle Safari

Today we did the zoo with tricycles. The kids had fun and it felt like they were one their own little Safari. Whenever I go to the Zoo or a museum or something like that, I always think that even if I were really rich, probably I would spend my money mostly on memberships to these types of places. Their awesome. They are like entertainment and a gym all wrapped up into one. For instance if you are Rockefeller and you buy all this land and then you pay people to maintain it and pay taxes on it. But you go to the zoo, you have all this plot of land with cool animals, and since you don't own it, keeping it maintained is someone else's problem. Why go clubbing when you can go to the zoo? Why did I never think to go their before I had kids?

The Tigers got really excited when they saw the kids tricycles. Well the orange one did anyway. It (I forget which gender they are) started pacing and seemed like it wanted to jump over. That is a lot of activity for such a hot day. The lion was just sleeping there. The tiger looked a lot bigger then I remember. Again, this tiger used to be privately owned. Probably illegally. They say a ton of people own tigers in the States illegally. Seriously. Why would you really want that. Just visit the one at the zoo or put money toward the one at the zoo or go visit sanctuaries. Where does one keep a tiger? How do you pay for it's food? You probably have to hire people to keep it and all this is illegal. Make life easier for yourself.


Anyway the kids spent much more time in the playground than anywhere else. They can both navigate the playground and the observatory where you can look at zebras fairly safely by themselves. I still went up there with them and I heard mothers freaking out about their much bigger kids going up. But I could see that my kids were fine. But then those mothers were staying down on the ground and so from that perspective it probably looked more dangerous.

I actually only flip out when my kids really put themselves in a really dangerous situation. But if they seem to be fine or look like they won't get too hurt, I will let it play out. However, if my son were to walk in the back of an off limits kitchen area. I will tell them to stop, and then proceed to yell if they don't listen. If people look at me so what? What's more important their bodies or some sort of "social embarrassment." So if those mothers feel like yelling go ahead. That's their call not mine. I think they were more worried that they would not be able to go up and get them down if the child somehow felt safe going up, but scared coming down, like how a cat gets stuck in a tree.

When we were leaving, Noah flipped out that we didn't see the gorillas. But we can see them next time. He wasn't having it.


No comments:

Post a Comment