Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, September 26, 2014

Double class.

Today I taught two classes back to back at Noah's after school program Jonah was not to happy about it, because I guess he fell asleep when he spent time away form me and therefore was awoken in an uncomfortable state. He may end up staying with me next time. But I must say I ended up being high off endorphins or something. Or perhaps it was the success of the group, or the fact that the kids all liked the class. Nobody has been able to really learn my simple lion head combo. But whatever, they have a year to learn it. I think they will be able to pick it up by then right? And at any rate, they are having fun with Kung Fu. I was surprised out how different the two classes were. I couldn't really say one was better than they other or more well behaved than the other. If anything, the younger kids were better behaved. But the older kids could better understand what was going on. A lot of the kids found it really funny how we were doing Kung Fu in a circle in a sort of dance and even questioned my Sifuness. After all, Sifu's don't teach like this. They teach in strict lines. (at least the Sifu's and Sensei's you see on tv. Unless they are with just one student or you are watching a Chinese language film.) I think they could believe that we were actually doing what we were doing, the way we were doing it. Now it got harder when I tried to make them perform on their own. But still I had fun and they had fun. I guess that's the most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment