Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pocket holes

My keys tore a hole in my pocket and fell through somewhere on the street. Luckily Grace had taken a half day today, and we were only locked out of the house for two hours at the most. It would have been real bad otherwise since today is Halloween. But how do I keep my keys which I need to carry in my pocket from ripping a hole in my pocket? I'm considering a man purse of some sort. Something to carry my keys wallet and phone and which will fit into my pocket but the padding will keep the key from cutting said pocket and the bulkiness will keep the man purse from falling out on the off chance that I forget there is a hole in that particular pocket. I'm all geared up for anyone talking ish about my man purse and how I will have to punch them in the face.
Then I looked around the house and settled on a business cards holder I had which is smaller and more reasonable.
Well, with all the kids trick or treating tonight and the leaves all over the ground I guess there is very little chance of me seeing my keys again.
This was the one day when I walked in several places rather than my usual route too. I helped some old lady find a restaurant (maybe she was a witch) and I picked up Grace's dry cleaning, and then had to push the stroller back with one hand which was difficult to steer. So my keys could be almost anywhere.
Oh well that's life. I guess I should be grateful I have shelter. Just not being able to return home for such a short period of time with a small child makes me wonder how the hell homeless children cope. I mean I technically didn't have to really go home. I just wanted to, especially since Jonah had fallen asleep and I wanted to make lunch for him. I guess in hindsight there wasn't much to be stressed about but I was sweating and irritated and angry. In any case it's nice to be home, indoors, watching sesame street.

No comments:

Post a Comment