Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, October 19, 2013

It was an accident!

Recently Noah has learned the word "accident." I taught it to him when after having slightly wet his underwear, he was afraid to let me know about it... or something like that. I let him know that I didn't get upset about accidents, because that was not intentional. However, when he deliberately peed his pants while running away from me while I was trying to get him to pee in the potty.. that annoys me. I guess all he really heard was that "accident" means immunity.
Noah and Jonah were playing with sticks. Jonah had a longer stick and hit Noah with it. I suppose it was on purpose. In the past they had managed not to hurt each other because they moved slowly. But because Jonah was unwieldy with his longer stick, the stick picked up speed and struck a blow to Noah's body that was harder than Noah liked. He immediately demanded of me in a voice of someone that had indeed been hit harder than expected, that Jonah switch to a smaller stick. Later while Jonah was playing with the weights, rolling them around like wheels, looking down. Noah struck Jonah on the head. It wasn't hard enough to make Jonah cry, just enough to make him sad that he had been hit. I explained to Noah that he had hurt Jonah and that the corner of that stick hurts a lot, even if stuck lightly. Noah burst out into tears.. "It was an accident!"
Then I tried to explain to Noah that if you do something deliberately.. on purpose... that you could not call it an accident. He screamed and tantrumed that he meant it to be an accident. It was an accident It was an ACCIDENT!!!
Yesterday he came and told me that he had made a mess with the milk in the Kitchen. I got there and I guess I didn't want to ruin the fact that at least he told me about it. But I asked why he did that. The Milk was supposed to be on the table, in his eating area, after all. How the hell did it even get to the Kitchen.
"It was an accident.. ahhhahahahhahehehheheeee" was the reply.
I again explained what an accident was.
"No I was trying to make sounds with the water. and then it was an accident."
So I guess this is sort of true. He had been trying to gargle it with no intention of accidentally choking or laughing while doing this, causing him to spew it out all over the kitchen. But the initial act of gargling milk was not an accident at all. Whatever, we're getting closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment