Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wind up Kung Fu

Last night I tried to get Noah to just run through the basic for. But he didn't want to. But then a second later he suddenly did the opening and started doing his own form. Then Jonah joined in. Then Noah started teaching Jonah the form he had just made up. There was good and bad about this, because on the one hand, it was helping Noah to teach someone else. Plus he was so proud of his form. However, I could see that Jonah was getting his feelings a little bit hurt because he had been doing his own thing and by Noah telling him no he had to do it another way, Jonah was getting a little bit sad about it. So I told Noah to do his form and Jonah would do Jonah's form. Grace told me to just let Noah show him. They ended up practicing for a pretty long time. I just lay on the floor watching them practice their Kung Fu, like for real practicing. Okay they're children and this and that could be improved, but why get in the way of them practicing when they are doing it by themselves. Heck that was easy. So all I have to do from now on is just suggest they do Kung Fu and I don't have to actually do it with them anymore? That's great. It's like winding something up and then just watching it go instead of having to pull teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment