Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, October 7, 2013

Gene's Chinese Flatbread Cafe

So I just saw that there is one of these in Boston on the internet. The one we went to the other day was in Chelmsford. The food is in the Xi'an style which is wester China. There are noodles, and then there are flatbread sandwiches, and then there are also the classic AMericna Chinese food ie eggrolls, wings, crab rangoon, and a fourth one that many Americans would know but I forget at the moment.
The main difference about this restaurant is that they make the noodles themselves, right there, right before they cook it. Just like that place in Flushing, NY except I think Flushing's style cooking is from a different Province in China. The Flat breads come in Pork and in Beef, and are a lot like Pulled Pork (I only just learned the distinction between pulled pork and a sloppy Joe. I think I might have inadvertently sinsulted one of my American friends when I referred to the one as the other at his house.)
My point is, the flat bread's are good, and those are something you can eat to go. The Noodles are so good that when I ate them, I made a very visceral and carnal MMMM... sound while the guy who made them happened to be wiping down the table next to ours. He looked over in surprise and I burst out laughing in embarssment. "I think he likes them." Grace said. But you have to eat them right there. I thought I was going to have to go back to this place, putting Jonah at risk for Car-sickness due to the distance. But I guess they opened a place on 86 Bedford Street. 02111  Well I guess We'll be checking that out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment