Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Lion Dance at the Convention Center

So we did a two hour gig at the convention center. Some drumming, some lion, some stilts... and I'm pretty tired. I don't know how I used to strap myself to wooden stilts before. All I know is that now it hurts when I do it. Is is that I'm getting old? Is it that I used to be used to this? I mean probably if I put high heels on my feet would be killing me, but old ladies seem to manage it somehow.
It was a lot of fun and the event was pretty festive. There were representations of the North End, Fenway, and I forget what other neighborhoods. The event was for medical equipment. Like laser surgery, fertility, pharmaceutical products. All sorts of stuff like that. I guess doctors go there and go from booth to booth to see what they might be interested in buying. The exhibition goes from city to city. This year was Boston. Next year will be Hawaii. I'm not going to pretend I really understand the whole thing. I just knew that we went around doing lion dance, and it was pretty fun. There was a band at the end that played Aerosmith cover songs. All in all a pretty good night. I haven't worked out like that in a while. It was nice because we got to take breaks but kept doing a dance here and there throughout the two hours. I'm not as sore as I would have been if it was a hard Kung Fu form that I did full force, screaming like a mad man. But it's more than what I usually do. So maybe I'll sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment