Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, October 6, 2017

以逸待劳, Yǐ yì dài láo)

Off topic... but I think I should make little 36 strategy flash cards and teach them to the kids. I had a big poster of it in JP... but the flash cards would be more manageable.

But this one is basically chill out while your enemy wears himself out.

Again....I think I am usually the one who won't chill.

So today I actually brought a statue of a Buddha to work. We were getting rid of it along with a  lot of other of Amah's things.

How this came to be is a crazy story....which I cannot post about. And I posted about some embarrassing health issues so you know that it was some shit to witness.

ehhhh f it

I basically went nuts listening to Grace complain about how Noah ate chips and that the house wasn't clean all weekend and threw away a ton of stuff.


The stuff had been out and I wanted her to look through it before tossing it.

I after that I drank too much sake and almost died. I threw that away too.

But I later rescued Amah's Japanese children doll (because it reminded me of Shao and Dai... only in a weird creepy nightmarish way) and also this Geisha doll, which actually reminds me of Amah and I realized that that might be why she bought it... and a million dried food goods that I had to sleep next to.

My only experience with wearing out the enemy is to allow Amah to wear her self out... but actually this strategy often just drives me to insanity.

Wearing out the enemy by being the peaceful Buddha is the typical Kung Fu stereotype and it is assumed that all martial artists will take this approach. I am not against this strategy... it is very white crane, where you would just be still and through a side shot of some sort. Not attacking for no reason or doing moves for no reason.

Like protests without clear purpose for instance. If you are doing it to prepare that is one thing, but if it is to get stir crazy and waste your energy it might not be as useful


Instead of wearing  out my enemy (which I don't really have any) I will work to just chill more in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment