Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Tiger on the mountain

Lure the tiger off its mountain lair[edit]

  • (調虎離山/调虎离山, Diào hǔ lí shān)
  • Never directly attack an opponent whose advantage is derived from its position. Instead lure him away from his position thus separating him from his source of strength.


Well I can't think of anyone that I care to attack. However, I have made it a point in my life to put myself in awkward situations. To Challenge myself and try to see people's point of view who I don't agree with. To help others. To extend myself. 

Now don't get me wrong. I have a very diverse background and upbringing. So sometimes I don't look like I would fit in in a certain place, but actually I am quite comfortable there. Often this is means being around people who do not look like me. But actually I come from a similar background. 


But now I literally live on a mountain...and I think I am going to go to where I am comfortable. I tried really hard to understand people of a different viewpoint. And I think I tried hard enough for other's sake. From now on any effort will be more for me, or the people who actually reciprocate help. Which can be new people I meet. I won't be close minded. But I need to find where my mountain is and stay there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment