Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Sacrifice the plum tree to preserve the peach tree (李代桃僵, Lǐ dài táo jiāng)

Wikipedia says this is the scapegoat strategy...I am often a scapegoat.... but I don't see these words meaning that (i'm only reading the English.)

A Western example for me has always been Sacrificng the Western Roman Empire to Barbarians so that you can keep the Eastern Roman Empire (the Byzantine Empire... did I remember that right?)

Anyway, to try and hold everything down and keep everything going you might end up losing everything. Instead, something's gotta give.


Personal:

My kids have been lying to me about homework. And I have been slacking a bit on teaching them Kung Fu. Basically, i am going to have to really go over their Homework with them, really watching them do it, which is annoying because there is no way these kids can't do it themselves. They could have done this homework years ago except that sometimes the instructions are a bit confusing and unclear.

Hell maybe I'll just do the damn thing for them. It's not that they won't learn that way. They are ahead of this shit. They know how to read. They know more math than they are doing in their grade. They are learning more when left to their own devices. Perhaps for peace at home, I will just hold their hand on these foolish assignments.

Because something's gotta give.

And I have my assignments that I need them to do. Like Kung Fu, and maybe I should start having them write Chinese. Hell maybe I should be like one of those annoying as super moms and be all hippy and liberal. "Is that what you want to do? Wow that's great, let's write another word. Now let's do algebra honey." Cause this Manly raising the kids shit ain't working. And I need a distraction.

To distract myself from how I am feeling I will play the role of the supportive loving father and husband.

I will save my rage for my forms.



No comments:

Post a Comment