Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, October 13, 2017

無中生有/无中生有, Wú zhōng shēng yǒu) A plain lie. Make somebody believe there was something when there is in fact nothing. One method of using this strategy is to create an illusion of something's existence, while it does not exist. Another method is to create an illusion that something does not exist, while it does

This is one you see a lot in the media. 

For instance, the Las Vegas shooter story. Recently they are making a big deal about how law enforcement handled the situation. That the shooter got an extra 15 minutes and it took them that long to put it together that the shooter was not at the concert itself, that the security guard had been shot and called 911... I heard the story second hand and then briefly skimmed the news story but I actually exploded mid conversation because, YOU try to figure all that out in 15 minutes. In fact the story was told to me confusingly and that took longer than 15 minutes. 

I am not a super "I love law enforcement all the time all the way." but I agree with their take that the media is making something out of nothing. They did the best they could and did pretty well. You could say we are ill equipped to handle situations like these... but to me.... 15 minutes to figure out the guy is in the hotel? 


That's fast. 

Remember, that's while being shot at and all that. 



Another making something out of nothing? 

Well I would say the Nazi Rally's. Ok not exactly nothing. But they have been around for a while and giving them a platform? Probably not helpful. But then other stuff happened and so the media moved on. 


Data disagregation. 

Getting more boxes to check for Asians. 


Really not a big deal. Turned into a huge debate and protests and talking about racism and all that. 


That is something out of nothing. If you are against the government collecting data... first of all you are a hypocrite if you own a smartphone. Second, you don't have to check the boxes. 



Anyway, None of that was about me really.


I just cleaned out a closet full of DVDs. Gong Gong made me put them in boxes, theoretically to transport to Maryland... to the SOUTH, instead of throwing them away. 

I would say keep the personal home videos and toss the rest that is on Youtube for free anyway... in your hand at all times if you have a smart phone. 


I put some board games and toys in there that the kids wanted to keep. The toys will eventually go but when the weather gets cold the kids will need something to play with inside... so not yet. 


I want to get some sort of video game system. The kids are playing very simple games on Scratch anyway and doing it as if it is illegal by hiding under things... and then fighting each other about turns. So I want to get something with four controllers so that we can all play. 


I like non screen time games... but you have to admit that you can have a lot more games on a computer than if you have to have the physical games. 


Still haven't learned to play Mah Jong... But that would be something cool to do. 

After work I have been doing hard Kung Fu. Like Hai! and Ha! really loud. Haven't done it like that since I was a teenager really. And that's the last time I was in this sort of social situation... makes you wonder. 


Like I don't even warm up. I just get home change and go, take a break with salute to sun, and then another form. I usually sort of have time for three forms, and then I run to pick up the kids from the bus stop. 


Only today, Gong Gong pulled in right as I got home. So I couldn't do it. To top it off. I semi twisted my ankle walking down the hill to go to the bus stop.


I would have done Kung Fu on the front lawn (because I can see if the bus is coming) but all the neighbors can not only see me... but its like I am putting on a show... also I was afraid they might call the police and that's the last thing I need. 

But anyway, I can feel mu ankle is slightly not 100% We'll see tomorrow. 

I did Kung Fu on it in the back yard anyway after I picked up the kids. 

Maybe that was a bad idea. 

But at this point I have to do Kung Fu. Not for health but for stress. 

It's just annoying that I injured my ankle. 


Ehhh


Maybe I'm making something out of nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment