Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, October 9, 2017

(趁火打劫/趁火打劫, Chèn huǒ dǎ jié)

The weekends are always busier than the week somehow. I never did get around to making those flash cards. I'll think I'll do it the second go around.

And yeah, I guess I won't do the weekends for these updates. Just a Monday recap.

"Loot a burning house" I thought about this one a lot. The take what you can get strategy... oh wait, no that's the pilfer a goat strategy. This one is about taking advantage of a country falling apart at the seams. The kicking a dog when it's down... dude the 8 countries (G8 US included) totally did this one to China after the boxer rebellion, or before or during, depending whose telling the story.

I think these strategies are just what jerks do naturally without thinking.
Anyway, one of te things we did this weekend was pay people to take stuff away from our house. I imagined trying to explain this to someone from back in the day when this strategy was written. Like, you would actually pay someone to take your stuff away. Good stuff that works. Metals, plastics, glass. STUFF. Treasure back then.

Treasure now to Amah.

We still have a lot of stuff, the two trucks put a small dent and the feng shui flows better. The company tries to donate what they can too.

Also try to explain to the people back then that people wouldn't steal this stuff. That the stuff people really want to steal is your personal information, your id numbers, the name of your  parents and maiden names. Stuff you would announce to everyone back then. Stuff that defined you... but that people could never "steal"

They wouldn't think you were crazy actually they would just think you were talking about witch craft or religion.

We also went to a STEAM fair. Basically a science fair run by high-schoolers. A lot of the fairs around here.... they are more community oriented. They are like the August moons of old, but all run by high schoolers. All the ideas I always had and said people should do in Chinatown.... that's how stuff is run here. So basically I have nothing to try and work toward and there is no need for my involvement. In a way I have no purpose. Maybe we'll do a lion dance at the library for Chinese New Year.... but maybe they already have something too.


We also went Apple picking again.

Monday was Columbus Day, supposedly slow. Not a holiday here for the children but still widely celebrated.  


I think it is important that I write everyday, and not law stuff. Otherwise I will lose my mind. So I have started writing another novel....I will keep it on my Adam Cheung Blog. And continue with this 36 Strategies calendarng type deal. Maybe after the 36 strategies instead of doing it again I will move onto some other sort of saying that are more positive. Or maybe a Tarot card a day or something. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment