Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Openly repair the gallery roads, but sneak through the passage of Chencang[edit] (明修棧道,暗渡陳倉/明修栈道,暗渡陈仓, Míng xiū zhàn dào, àn dù Chéncāng)

Wow that's a good one... I have no idea how to use it.

Except that, is it me or does it seem like China looked like it was slowly gaining on us and they said their military was like 100 years behind us (this is when I was in College, ten years ago) and then BAM! It's like technologically they have leaped into the future and we're still like riding normal trains and using cash and credit cards and their paying for their noodles, made the same way still, with their phones.

So they have the best of both worlds going and it's like we are repeating the 80's for kicks.


Anyway, this weekend was pretty awesome. (actually not over yet is it.)

We went to a Halloween party at a distant cousin of Grace's house.

I saw a bunny, which means something to me.

I cleaned out a closet... which is always good.

Gong Gong took the kids to Chinatown for haircuts. They were brats... but me and Grace went to the Korean Spa.

It was fun. It was social.

I studied at the Spa and I got double takes.... from other people studying at the Spa,,,, because they were all Asian and I think they were like, "What's that white guy doing studying at the Spa like he's Asian."

I'm doing more Kung Fu.

Think I'm gonna pick up some other hobbies, like making lion heads (my frame got thrown out by accident when the Junk guys came.) and maybe making shilellaghs and even swords. There is space for a forge here.

I have more of a yearning to have a real sword now and I have the space to practice with it on private property so why not. But buying one would be stupider than making one.

But yeah have to clean stuff out first. Still a lot of junk.

The basement might turn into a work out Kung Fu (kid friendly) which will be handy in the winter.

Might put in two punching bags....

Or maybe it makes more sense to have it be an art studio....We'll see.


That new Van Gogh movie has me thinking about doing my ink painting again. Just painting on everything. The supplies are collecting dust so might as well use them, better than throwing them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment