Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, October 16, 2017

Watch the fires burning across the river (隔岸觀火/隔岸观火, Gé àn guān huǒ)

This actually reminds me of a Chinese children' s story that I learned in Chinese school (yes that's right a few things actually managed to seep in at Kwong Kow. I still remember the little drawings and though my reading sucked I vaguely remember the teacher's explanation.)

The story I am thinking of involves a hunter or maybe just some dude watching two tigers.

Basically I think at first he sees one tiger. and he's like, "oh shit." and then he sees two tigers. And then they start fighting each other. And one kills the other one and then the guy just picks up a club and kills the half dead surviving tiger.

Sounds hard to kill a tiger with a club. But I swear it was tigers in the story and not like dogs.... maybe it was dogs but lo fu is ringing in my ears.


I'm all about just letting your enemies battle themselves in theory. Of course I probably get involved with things more often then I should.

But then going in after ward when the enemy is weakened. I guess I never do that.
Something to ponder.

Personal:

Today Noah threw up on the bus because he got car sick, but he got sent home anyway. Rules. I made a note (for documentation purposes) that he tends to get carsick and was told that next time they will take that into account and that we may decide together whether it is sickness (like a virus) or just car sickness.



No comments:

Post a Comment