Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Yoga Pretzels

Grace bought these Yoga Pretzel cards for me a long time ago. They weren't that useful when the kids were younger. But now the kids enjoy reading each card and trying to do the move. I suppose I should make a Kung Fu deck of cards like that, but for Now I'm just doing this. We used to it as a break in between basics. I think it helps that I'm not as serious about Yoga as I am about Kung Fu. It makes me wonder if it would be more fun to learn Kung Fu from a beginner with a beginner deck of cards.

I noticed too that Noah only liked the cards that had step by step instructions. He didn't care for the games or the taking care of yourself ones. Just the ones that tell you to do this and then that.

You know maybe I should make a Kung Fu deck, just so that we can read it together. Because if I tell him the steps, he might get mad. But when the source is from somewhere besides me (or at least seems that way, i.e. some cards that he doesn't realize I created.) then he tends to listen more.

I guess I sometimes find it easier to listen to advice in a book than hearing it from someone too. I might be like "Who the hell are you?" if they try to tell me what to do. Right?

But then if it is written poorly, or in a high horsed way, you tend to put the book down. I guess that's not as bad as getting mad though.

No comments:

Post a Comment