Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Eve at home

Well I didn't bring the kids out to First Night. We did our little Panda run, and played around at Moh Goon and Jonah fell asleep in the wagon. By the time we got home we would have had to leave again to catch the parade. I was going to do the fireworks with Noah, but Grace got stuck at Dumpling House because everyone was ordering Chinese Take Out for New Years. I guess ordering Nasty American Chinese food is no longer acceptable to so many Americans who have gotten used to good Chinese food. Basically everyone had the same idea Grace did.

Me and Noah played several games of Chess and then Chinese Chess and he started flipping out. On the one hand I'm sad that I didn't get to bring Noah to the parade. On the other hand I am glad that during his little tirade I was already at home, in a warm house and that I wouldn't have to chase after the two of them going in separate directions, in the dark, and then somehow drag them to the train station, and then drag them home from the T. That would have been a nightmare.

Last year we did the Lion Dance in the parade, and that was fun.

Somehow I made time to organize that last year, but that meant that Grace had to watch the children.

I realize that this year, even if I had pushed to do this I just wouldn't have been able to. So it's good that I just took it easy.

As for things I didn't get finished in 2014... my book is still unpublished. I just have to format it and put it out, which will take more time than it sounds like.

But mostly I need to do this because the ideas for my next project are bubbling to the surface. Basically the creative mental stimulation part of the book is over and done with. What's left is the packaging of it, which an author who made money, would pay someone else to do I think.

(Grace said she do it for me.)

Well time for Baths.

No comments:

Post a Comment