Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Korean BBQ

We went to explore some place in New Jersey that has the highest concentration of Koreans in the country yesterday. It wasn't like being in Korea. It was like being in Korean America. The stores and everything were stil spread out like American businesses, as opposed to the way everything is crammed together in a Chinatown. Among the places that seemed to have a lot of parked cars was a giant Karaoke place and a driving range.

We went to a Korean BBQ place last night. Jonah got really excited everytime a waitress came by and said something in Korean and proceeded to give us more Kim Chee or fuss with the meat. He would start yelling "Yay!" smiling and excitedly. I think it was because the tone of the waitresses was pretty much the same so he figured that's what he was supposed to do. The first time I went to such a place was last year in Korea town in New York. I didn't know what I supposed to do with various foods or whatever. This time I didn't care. I just started devouring Kim Chee. It's weird. Kim Chee is free, and they keep giving it to you like they used to do with bread at Italian restaurants. But if you were to buy Kim Chee Buy itself, it would be pretty expensive. I guess they really make the most money off of alcohol. Which the food did make me feel like drinking. But we decided not to drink because neither of us have very high tolerance to begin with, and ever since I started fasting I feel like my tolerance for alcohol has gone down even further if you could believe it.

We then got some Korean Baos and then Grace got some Korean Make up. It was a wonderland of magical cuteness for her. I guess that's a good ending to our Christmas adventure. Something's wrong with the car though and she is getting it checked out. Which is weird because the car is new.

Anyway, I stiffed myself with various types of Kim Chee and it will be baos for eberyone else's breakfast. Today I am going to start my monthly three day fast for the second time. Then after I come back onto food for one day it will be New Year. Is the Federation doing First Night this year If yes, then I'll do that. If not, then I may bring Noah down there to check out the parade. Or maybe not.

That means we are actually set for food for a while what with the Christmas dinner leftovers we still have.

Time to get back into my Boston routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment