Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, December 15, 2014

Finishing the book

I have been almost done with my book now for longer than it took me to write it I think. I wanted to have the thing out by Thanksgiving. But every time I was almost finished, I took an ax to whole sections and rewrote them. Recently I have been deleting quite a but.
But I can't really say that I wish I was done earlier, because there were ideas that kept coming up, that keep coming up, that I found to be essential for my book. But I have to have it out and printed by Chinese New Year, because I plan on pedaling them at some events I am doing. I wanted to have some as gifts for Christmas. But I'm not sure that will happen.
The book is pretty much done. Really.
But I still have to look at it in its finished form as it will appear. Why does that scare me?

I have to just do it because I have other things to work on now.

I was going to do a biography on John Willis, or Bak Gwai John.

But the more I think about it, I don't have to do that book next. In fact, maybe my kids should be ins chool first. Maybe I can do a quick outline and put in on line and see what people think.

My next book, will  be for children. Because If I had that book now, I could be selling it at my classes. The children's book is something I should have written ten years ago, when I didn't have kids but was just teaching them. But it didn't come into my mind. Now I have a real concrete idea. But even that project will take me a year I think. But anyway it is time to move onto it so I have to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment