Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, June 13, 2016

Vikings

I'm pretty obsessed with this show right now. But from a Kung Fu perspective.. I mean I know it is just a show, but it is amazing all the hacking through armor these guys do with some pretty crude looking axes. I also didn't realize the Vikings used the whole shield wall thing. I sort of had read that they fought like mad men, Bezerkers, frothing at the mouth, to the point where guys would work themselves up into such a Frenzy that they would have to send them ashore to wrestle logs just to calm down.

It's really cool how they try to show the culture and stories and all that. Of course I know people from that area might actually be offended by the term Viking, which means Pirate or Raider. Because there were other people that lived there that did not go raiding and were just honest farmers. But the show is mainly about the guys and gals who did.

I mean you see these really armored soldiers looking fairly professional and then they just get hacked to pieces. Even if this is just a show, it really is like that sometimes. I mean this guy is well trained. He has armor. He has superior iron. But hack hack hack and a young shield maiden has taken his life.

I suspect that the real shield maiden's were not as thin as the ones depicted. There was a reason they could fight men, they probably had formidable upper body strength.

Also I've read that the women were just bigger and that was what was attractive. But that isn't going to sell here in America. The men were pretty big too, and that does sell so  they are. Were they cut like that? I don't know. They probably went up in down in weight a lot. Big and fat at the beginning of the voyage but towards the end right before they raided? I suspect they would lose quite a bit of weight on the boat.

Anyway if you haven't watched this show you really do have to check it out. I'm already on season 3.
The songs, the opening, it all has me pretty entranced.

No comments:

Post a Comment