Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Wind that Shakes the Barley

I was watching this movie today (or rather finishing it) and I have to say a few thoughts that are unrelated to the subject of the movie came to mind. The first thing you think is that some of the injustices depicted, are almost tame compared to the police shootings we've seen on social media. Has to make you wonder.

Secondly, when people get shot in this movie... there is no blood. I'm not complaining. I'm just saying that I think I could do that. I mean you mainly rely on the skill of the actor. But even though you know what they are doing... I mean you still get the point. And this film was lauded. I mean what's so hard about that? You can probably get the sound of a gunshot to put into your video pretty easily.

Finally, the way everything ends at the end.. and I don't want to give away anything... I have to say it really should be family first. Well... don't know really hard to say.

But that's a sticky situation I don't know.  America is so strong we never really have to think of it like that, as if not having a country is a possibility.

At first I sort of didn't like the movie... but it grew on me as I watched it today. I wasn't expecting the style.

Is it weird that watching that movie makes me want to make movies even more? Like I feel I could do that? Or a cheaper version of it? Maybe it's Naive of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment