Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Reign- Mary Queen of Scots

I have been obsessed with this show. I thought it was going to be like Vikings, but when it ended up being a little more like Dawson's Creek, I didn't stop watching. I kept getting a fan crush on the actress that plays Mary, Adelaide Kane. My history of the time and country is not that good besides Braveheart, but I remember my mother reading a book about Mary Queen of Scots and talking about how eventually, the cut off her head. So basically it wasn't a question of what happens in the end... but how it is to happen.

Now the last episode I saw... Mary remains with her head in tact. I'm not sure if they are choosing to end the series like that or if there will actually be one more season. I could understand if they choose not to have her head cut off on camera.

But the series could even run after she is executed because after all the series is called "Reign."

There is a lot of tie ins with the modern politics. "Radical Protestant Terrorism" And Catholic Terrorism, and pagan's in the woods. The Plague. And if not women's rights, than the rights of female Monarch's.

Nostradamus is in the series and I never knew what time period he was in. In fact, it may just be that they added him in, who knows. I guess I could research that pretty easily.

There is a lot of sword fighting and magic too. I think its tame enough that Noah could probably watch it with me. However, he has his own shows he is into now.

To get over my withdrawal I have been watching "Medici: Masters of Florence"


Why would this have anything to do with "Reign" Well as it turns out Mary's Mother in law was Catherine De Medici. So I figured this show might be similar. It is... but better. Hell they have Dustin Hoffman in this Netflix series.

No comments:

Post a Comment