Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Chewing Gum

I finished this hilarious series... and mostly, not only is it entertaining, but it s able to talk about all sorts of things, race, sex, and all the difficulties of growing up in a quick series. Maybe because it's British. Maybe because it's comedy. But it deals with all those things that you just would feel to awkward to cover in a sex ed class.

I loved how Tracy will be in these highly sexual situations and then move like she is trying to turn people on.. and (now this I believe is a skill) make the whole scene.. no.. the whole NOTION of the scene seem ridiculous. You see these type of "hot" scenes all the time in media, whether it is a show, or even more often, commercials. And Tracy just blasts the whole idea of making scenes like that by calling them out ofr being fake.

In a way this series talks about big social problems and family problems. Incest, socio economic barriers, drugs, suicide, religion. Everything is n there... and somehow it's... FUNNY!

It genius really.


I can't wait until my kids are old enough that I can watch it with them.

I mean it solves the problem of the "talk" because today there are all sorts of things you need to talk about.

And yeah... Chewing Gum pretty much covers all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment