Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Where's the sun go?

This morning Noah woke up and asked me, like he often does, why it was dark out, where the sun went etc.
I responded that the earth was turning toward the sun. "When is it going to turn back?" was his question.
I answered that the earth was always turning the same direction and that sometime it was facing the sun and sometimes it wasn't.
"Okay ready?" I asked, "You be the sun and I'll be the earth." I said. We were lying next to each other in bed.
"Okay," he said.
Then I started turning in my spot saying. "Turn....turn... turn..." Actually I'm not sure if this is actually a work out, or if I was dizzy, or tired, but in any case, after three turns I didn't really feel like turning anymore. Noah was giggling the whole time. Then he said, "Okay Baba you be sun and I'll be the earth."
"Okay." I said.
Then he started turning around laughing really hard. "Turn... hahahaha.. turn.... hahaha... turn...okay now you be the earth and I'll be the sun."
So this went on for a while. Then we got up and did our various horse stances. Actually Noah was the one that called out the moves and led our little "class." For the "female word stance" (a cross over stance that  looks like the chinese character "loi") he would have to hold onto the bed that used to be a crib (a thing which is rarely used recently for sleeping, though occasionally Jonah tucks himself in their and hides.)
He doesn't quite have the balance yet to cross over and stand one his own.
Well then he got tired of that (or hungry) and we went down stairs. We had gone to bed fairly early yesterday after a day of apple picking and eating at an awesome noodle place in Chelmsford. (More on that noodle place later.) Well supposedly there is supposed to be a parade today. We'll see how that goes since it is raining. I have childhood memories of marching in the rain in those hard soled flat, no support Kung Fu shoes as a little Kwong Kow student, so they'll probably still have it..

No comments:

Post a Comment