Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, October 20, 2013

JP Lantern Festival

Yesterday e got to dress up in our Hallloween costumes and parade around Jamaica Pond with homemade lanterns. Luckily Grace had the sense to put fake candles in our lanterns that were actually little electric lights. Noah dropped his lantern like five times. Part of that was that I didn't fix the wire to his stick properly though. Noah was Super WHY (But people kept thinking he was a ninja or a ninja turle, or anything else. I guess not that many people watch Super Why as adults. I happen to think Super Why is the awesomest show there is. I didn't learn to read until first Grade. This generation is going to have a ton of early readers just because of that show. Watch.)
Jonah was Thomas the tank engine. And Grace and I were Thing 1 and Thing 2. It was a fun costume and everyone seemed to like that we were dressed up. Oddly not as many adults were in full costume this year. Usually there are tons of them. One year we brought the lion head. I considered doing that this year, or bringing that huge mess of a lion head I was going to throw away. Instead I let the kids at my 10 am Pinebank Jamaica pond class play with it. It was pretty fun to play with, so I might keep it. But it got torn up a little bit as the sprinted with it on and then rolled forward with it. I just think I should focus on making my small head, and mydragon stick.. and... yes I have a problem. It is called Art disease. More on that later.

Anyway, they are doing the lantern parade again today. Grace said we can go if I make the scooter and bicycle for Noah and Jonah that she ordered. Off to do that then.

No comments:

Post a Comment