Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Does what you read affect your life?

I've been reading "A Casual Vacancy" by J.K. Rowling. It's a lot more adult than I thought it was going to be and has a lot about dysfunctional family life in the projects, or as the Brits call it, "estates." It's a pretty good book so I'm all caught up in it. But I noticed that as I'm reading it my life is becoming more dysfunctional. I had more arguments with Grace, and my kids took a big spill right in the middle of the street out of the stroller yesterday. The sign said walk and everyone ran over to help me. My kids were fine and mostly I was just embarassed that such a thing happened while I was watching the kids. I had the stroller where, if I strap in Jonah he is strapped to the back of the seat, leaving no room to put Noah in. So when I have this particular stroller I usually put Noah in front, depending on him to stay seated (mistake) and put Jonah in back. Needless to say I got my usual stroller from the car and switched today. After the spill we went to the playground and the ride back consisted of Noah standing (he managed to kick me in the balls on the struggle into that position) and then Noah running (but he got tired) and Finally Noah on my shoulders while I pushed the stroller (he managed to kick me in the face on that one.) You may ask why I don't use a two person stroller. Don't I have one? Yes I do. But a wheel fell off. Yes I reattached it but ironically I thought it would be dangerous if say it fell off while crossing the street. But even when it was not broken, there was the inconvenient design that enabled Noah to hit the breaks from his seat, whenever he decided to switch things up on me. Plus the single stroller is much better for riding the T.
Today we had a little accident to with Jonah. Not in the stroller but still. To finish our morning we flew a kite and played in the playground and that was good. Though Jonah didn't seem to care for my lunch much. Well, now I'm watching Thomas and that's happy and cheerful, more or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment