Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Mating Robins

Walking to school today I saw two Robins encircling each other as they quickly flew up and down.

"I think those two Robin's are mating." Commented Noah.

Remembering pigeons mating in the spring at Castle Square I remembered how the male would mount the female from the back. A very unique coupling that you would not see unless they were doing that specific act.

"I think they would be on top of each other both facing the same direction." I said. But as it turns out I think Noah was right and that he must have seen them earlier than I did doing just that.

I suppose the male was for it and the female not so much. But of course I am just jumping to conclusions. I only heard what Noah said and assumed what he saw.

It is spring despite the snow on the ground and the arctic blast soon to come tomorrow and that pull of nature to begin to reproduce is strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment