Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Just Basics

I'm gonna do a class in the park. April May and June. Three months. Also $60 on Sunday mornings. The class will be JUST BASICS.
And when I say Just basics... I mean that we will do the basics form too, which is luk lik,

Here is what we will do every class.

Horse Stance Meditation (for three breaths, than three breaths each side.) Then we will hold horse stance while singing Nam Yi Dong ji Kerng. (Should we just do horse stance? Or should we do this litle routine I made up for kids? You know what? We will do the little routine I made up for kids.


Btw you should bring water to this and stake out your little territory.

We will then do the standing basics. We won't be counting. Or rather I will be counting in my head. Part of the purpose of this class is to force me to get my horse stance back... so tis will be painful.


Then we will do walking basics.


Then we will do Luk Lik slowly. The reason why we will do it slowly is because I noticed beginners always tend to injure their shoulder when they try to do some of the strikes. So this form will be done more as a way to hold poses and develop strength.

Then that's it. After that people can break off and do calisthenics or work with the lion heads or weapons I will bring. What time should it be? 9:00am? Too early?I almost want to do it at 8:00 am and pack breakfast for the kids. I suspect all the stuff I just mentioned can be done in 20 minutes. Maybe 30. And then 15 minutes of teaching people their individual forms or lion head stuff or correcting their basics.


No comments:

Post a Comment