Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, October 24, 2016

Tai Chi Monsters

I was at the playground with the kid and I really wanted to do internal mein lei jum forms. (simiilar to Tai Chi. But the kids wanted to play "monsters."  And so I became the "Tai Chi Monster" that is to say, I did Tai chi at them and chased them... really slowly. Which of cousre means they always got away and loved it, and also I had to adapt my technique to the surroundings of the playground.

Sometimes I did lion dance moves but mostly they wanted Tai Chi monster.

These weekend I also made some creatures and I thought about how the Spear Dragon I made, a dragon head where the head is in the position that a spear would be, as well as the Dragon head that is on top of the stick like an ax, the way most dragons are, would be great for this game.

I mean basically you could do all these moves as a play dance. The problem is when you let kids do this by themselves they tend to just start hitting each other with the heads, which not only can hurt the other child, but will leave your paper mache in pieces.

I knew you could do this in a hard external way and also of course you could do it in an internal way. But really that is a whole art right there. Not saying you don't need Tai Chi forms or Kung Fu forms, but you could totally have a practice where the focus is just on these dance aspects and running around a playground.

Can't wait to make my eagle Creature, because that one will definitely focus on the White Crane like movements, chuen pow cup, in dance form.


Wu Tao Fortune Cookie freestyle of the day:

You have you own Kingdom
So close you can see it
You started building foundation
So close you can be it

But look at you wanting to wander
like a Ronin
Fiefdom to fiefdom
Causing mad trouble like Odin

You need to go down to the
pool of Mimir
Or Lao Tzu by himself
Taoist hermit with refer

Fighting's all bad for you
So is separation
Do some meditation
or you be paying reparation

You heading to illusion
The ocean at night
With under towing currents
Too strong for you to fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment