Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Trump on Meet the Press

Okay, a lot of people might hate me for this... but honestly whenever you have Trump in an interview, instead of clips and sound bytes, does he sound like Hitler or a crazy racist? No he doesn't. If he is racist, it is not more racist than the average rich white American male. In other words, not conscious racism, but just the subconscious norm. The difference is of course that he is vocal and doesn't care about what people think about what he says. He says what people think.

In fact most of his policies is a version of what we already do. Most of his criticisms about the wars we have been in, are pretty much what I have thought since College. Even when he says really crazy insensitive stuff, or seems out there or seems to contradict himself... he says, "It's called life"

As a political Science minor the scholarly term for it is incremental decision making.

He basically says, "Of course I'm not going to do exactly what I say I'm going to do. I have a plan but obviously you have to negotiate and change things and try to see what works best.

I'm not saying Trump is my idol... but yes I am going to vote for him and then cautiously watch because I am suspicious of ALL of our leaders. I voted for Obama twice. I liked him and I still liked him. It is difficult to tell how Trump would be in person as someone hanging out with you. There is no question that he would not consider himself to be your equal. And Obama really seems to make you feel that he does think so. But is that a trick of Charisma and leadership? Not sure.

In any case, Hillary Clinton certainly does NOT make you feel that way. She makes you feel lowly, even more so than Trump. It's because she had been in power or at least close to power for so long. Bernie Samders is better, but he will not negotiate. He believes in ONE truth and that's it and will push for that, This is consistent however it is not necessarily the best way to make decisions. A lot of Communists in China and probably Russia had very good intentions. They believed in what they were doing. Maybe they didn't want to kill people and a lot of them could not believe what just happened when what seemed like a fighting for the people suddenly became the death of all their friends, mass paranoia and stuff that people are currently trying to say Trump will cause.

Am I racist for voting for Trump? No I don't think so. Or at least I am not more racist than I would be if I were picking Hillary or Sanders or any other candidate. My main issue with Trump is that he seems to be a Climate Change denier and probably surrounded by Yes men right now. That's bad.
He doesn't like to hear criticism. But right now that might be because a lot of the criticism isn't genuine;y constructive.

Am I nervous?

Yeah sure. But let's look back in history and look at who actually started the Japanese internment camps.. who actually de facto banned groups of people (like Fujianese for instance) from immigrating here even when all the paperwork was proper and right.  A lot of times this happened under Democratic Presidents like FDR and Bill Clinton. Heroes of the Democratic party. I'm not a Republican or a Conservative or a Liberal. I don't love Ronald Reagan. There are a lot of problems with how he ran things too. Nobody ever points to Jimmy Carter as a hero. Everyone seems to hate him. But when you really look at what he did AFTER his Presidency when it no longer matters... hey he was the real deal. A genuinely good person trying to change the world.

People hate Nixon. And man he said some stuff that was really bad behind closed doors. But he was also very vocal for racial equality on his college campus when it wasn't popular to have that opinion. And he opened up China. And in the end he did a lot of good. He got caught doing bad and it was time for him to go... but to make him out to be some sort of villain in the grand scheme of things... I mean maybe he would have been horrible if he remained in power but he wasn't as bad as our culture makes him out to be. He is exactly what he was. A President who over stepped his bounds and had to go, but overall, did a pretty good job.

Some people hate Obama. He did all right. Not as good as the people who love him say. Not as badly as the people who hate him say.

What will Trump's America look like? Not all that different. You will see the President on all the Talk shows (Obama seemed to be the first standing President to be on Jay Leno or something like that right? Or even Youtube shows.) Trump will be on TV even more often probably. To be honest... Trump's America will not really be that different for the average American. Won't be much better, won't be much worse. I think it will be slightly better. Will he get re-elected or even elected in the first place? Not sure. Not sure about anything.

But America as a business will probably be run much better. We will only go to war if it is profitable.. which probably means we won't. I suspect we will just team up with Russia and China (something unheard of before) to take care of ISIS and get that high speed train built going right through all that territory. If that actually works, the Middle East could have a  slightly majority Chinese population much like Xin Jiang...and a lot of locals from that area may end up working in Europe or Asia. The U.S. will somehow profit from this monetarily but may swallow pride by taking a back seat in terms of power in the region. But business will boom at home. Lots of people will die.... but it won't be at U.S. hands, it will be Russia and China doing the killing. Trump will not call them out on human rights violations.. instead we will do business. The sounds so dirty but right now we are losing money and soldiers lives and people are blaming us for human rights violations. Trump said he would kill terrorists families. This sounds so bad. But de-facto we have killed groups and people on U.S. soil who were citizens and were just competition, able to start their own political party and work within the system.. not terrorist groups. So basically we have done worse already, and I don't think Trump would have say, had MLK killed or Huey Newton. You may point to protesters beating Black Lives Matter protesters. But look at that. Black Lives Matter (I support their cause) but it is a little less organized than the Civil Rights movement of the past. And the Black Panthers.. honestly I think Trump would have just made a deal. Because he doesn't care about "how does this look politically?" He cares about, "Can I make money off of this." Which ultimately produces a better result. Not the perfect result but a better one.

Maybe I'm completely wrong. Maybe he will be more of an asshole. I don't know. But for sure he will be an honest asshole. Not honest in terms of virtue. But I have a feeling that even people opposing him will end up feeling that they can work with him to hammer out a deal to benefit both sides.

Has he been greatly successful as businessman? He's "used the law" to cover his losses and he has said that. He is honest about the fact that the law benefits him and he has taken advantage of that.

If I met him and it ended up that despite me voting for him maybe he said some really denigrating thing to me.. .I would not be surprised. Maybe, like all the clips out there from his supporters, he would actually help me out and I would be like, "wow he isn't bad after all."

I don't know could go either way.

But I do think that out of the choices now. He is the best choice.

With Hillary we are going to war for idealistic reasons.

With Bernie Sanders we are also going to war for idealistic reasons. I'm talking about the Middle East, not class war fare.

With Trump, we will try to get the most money out of a situation and use are military as leverage for making that money. That sounds better to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment