Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Salmon Fish in the Sky

Today at Jp Soccer during the water break Noah looks up at the sky and says, "Baba the clouds look like a Salmon Fish!"

I looked into the sky expecting a fish shaped cloud. Instead, I saw the wispy sandune like clouds that always reminded me of the beach. I would look up as a child from the 6th floor window in the Castle Square high rises looking upside, my head tilted back in a lying down position. I would imagine I could run across the clouds like they were the sand and the blue was the ocean and I could gallop along the sky waves.

But Noah saw the Salmon. Not a live salmon bu the fillet kind. I don't think I had actually eaten salmon like that when I was his age to tell the truth.

I laughed when he told me this because he was 100% Gong Gong's grandson. The Gong Gong that has oh so many fishing stories to tell. (In fact I hear that he almost got killed on a fishing journey in a stornm, but unlike the tourists, he knew to take refuge under the Mangroves. Grace assured me I would here this story 20 times or more the next time he has the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment