Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, May 2, 2016

Flavors of Family

I guess Jonah did  little flavor labeling of who is who. Grace had him repeat this while we tried out Wood Fire Pizza. A Fancy Pizza place. It was good. But honestly, for whatever reason, if I am going to eat pizza I want something in between junk and fancy. Something that is good, but that I can also stuff into my mouth and swallow large globs of oily cheese and chewy crust. If I want some thing good for me or fancier, I would go for a Chinese Restaurant or a homemade juice.

"I'm Sweet. Shao is sour, Baba is Bitter, and Mommy is Salty."

Hmmm that was remarkably on point. Did Jonah really know the cultural connotations of flavor in English? Or did he just figure it out?

"No! I don't like Sour. I like sugary." protested Noah.

"It's not about what you like, but what you are."

But I could tell that although Noah is older and may be more advanced than Jonah in many things... this was above his head. He had no idea what we were talking about. How can a person be a flavor? You could say that this is too much for a child to grasp. But then Jonah seems to have grasped it.

No comments:

Post a Comment