Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Trump vs Hillary

If Trump wants to win, well he might win anyway, but the BEST choice for a Vice Presidential Running mate that he could ask for is Condoleeza Rice. I wonder if he's already talked to her. Would she say yes? When it really comes down to it, as much as everyone wants to say Trump is crazy, if you look at his policies versus our actual policies of the past.... he's not that crazy. He just says stuff people won't say. Compared to the other candidates he was actually dovish when it came to foreign policy. That includes the Democratic Candidates.

As for the whole border thing. The laws are what they are. I'm not crazy about what he says and getting people all frothed up and fired up. But if you are to judge candidates by how they campaign, he is the best campaigner we have seen in a long time. People call it evil... but it's just blunt and honest. I don't love it. I'm just saying is it actually different than what we already do?

I know a lot of my friends will say they will hate me if I say that I am voting for Trump. And I will go into why I actually am in another post.

But don't think "Oh Adam must hate immigrants now" or that "Adam must hate poor people."

I do not, And you may wonder why I continue to push for certain things locally while seemingly voting for someone who is against all that nationally.

The thing is, I have never tied myself down to one way of doing things. I am a "whatever works" type of guy.

There is one issue which I really am against Trump on, and that is his stance on the environment.

But again, I think that maybe he is just saying that to get his base all frothed up, and if not, the truth is that what we actually do and what politicians tend to say we will do are two different things.

Do I trust Trump? No.

Do I trust Bernie Sanders? Actually I do. But I think that the situation that will come out of Bernie Sanders being President will be more negative over all.

Do I trust Hillary Clinton.

Let me put it this way, it really doesn't matter. We have had a lot of her and I think that's enough. I never hated her. But she isn't campaigning well.

Condoleeza Rice, though I would never say that I loved her exactly, has never been accused of doing a bad job as Secretary of State. She is the obvious choice for Trump. She will guarantee him a win really, or at least neutralize the whole "Trump is racist" argument. If Trump is racist, it is simply the white privilege type of racism along with bluntness of speech and insensitivity. He is your typical Ugly American and in truth that really is who we are. But as Ugly as that Ugly American can be, all the good parts of America are still in there too.

I voted for Obama twice and I was not sad to do so. I do not think that Obama was a bad President so basically I am not your typical Trump supporter.  I am not anti-Muslim. I am not anti-Mexican. Most of the stuff Trump says he can do.. I actually don't believe he can do it. What I do believe is that in all the crappy situations we are in he will make the decisions that make the most sense from a business perspective, compromising and getting us the best bargain possible, even in a nasty situation.

Trump is basically that nasty Pau Pau that you send out to by stuff because she will Gong gai and gong gai when any decent person would have just stopped hours ago. Maybe you don't want to hang out with her, and you definitely don't want to go shopping with her. But did she bring home the good stuff for less money? Yes. See? Will Hillary or Bernie do that? No. Because they are an opportunist and an idealist.

 Trump is a realist. (Except on the environment.. but maybe he is just faking that)

No comments:

Post a Comment