Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, May 13, 2016

Butterfly knives

I was playing in the playground with other dads talking about "what if" scenarious involving butcher knives etc. I mostly demonstrated techniques I saw on TV or online. They seemed impressed but I totally said before hand that these are techniques I just saw on TV. Playing around we actually further developed what we thought might work best. In the end we decided more or less that if the person with said knife actually knows what they are doing.. you are effed. The whole principal is that they sort of don't know what they are doing. I mean think about it, if they did, then they would A) just shoot you or B) attack you when you weren't looking.

You still have a chance of course.

In fact I sort of realized how good certain sword techniques I know are and why they are pretty important to practice in case you... wanted to be a knife assassin? Okay so not so useful... just fun to play with in term sof Martial Arts.

At night I suddenly realized how useful the Butterfly knives would have been in these scenarios, especially if they were tucked up the sleeves in the first place and the assailant didn't know you even had them.

So I just looked on line because I realized suddenly that I totally want a pair of butterfly knives... real ones. Like sharp ones... to put on my altar to Nike along with some other weapons my students have gifted me as well as a Buddha Bowl and a Stone which I will attribute magical powers too because I can, and that's what an altar is about for me.

The first thing that came up was a pair of plastic training knives for freaking 50 dollars or so, and the other butterfly knives are like 100 or something. That is ridiculous. I guess this is the real problem with having a want, a desire for a specific type of weapon instead of just any old weapon. I guess I wanted the Butterfly knives because of their "Kung Fu"- ness... instead of a butcher knife... which would be much cheaper I believe. But I already have one in the kitchen and I think I will just leave there and I am unlikely to train with it. In fact, I guess even if I got butterfly knives, ones that were not sharp would be better.


Hell in that case why don't I just make the things out cardboard? I had talked about making weapons out of cardboard, but the size of Butterfly Knives means that the cardboard knives could actually be well, for durable than a bigger sword made of cardboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment