Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Practicing at night

There is something about practicing kung Fu in the dark. My Sifu had done it in China for purposes if secrecy. And I have written about Uncle Frank talking about a relative who practiced Tai Chi in the basement with the lights off.

There us a mental aspect to it.

I just did meditation and ran through the basic form... though not as a form. More as a freestyle. Obviously I was quiet as well and my m9vements started off rather slow and more inhibited, less fancy and more street. Not for effectiveness though. More so I wouldn't pull something. And also I am working out a way to show adults techniques quickly in a way that is interesting, and have decided that maybe skipping the basics isnt crazy.  Or perhaps that showing basics as an exercise, like jump rope or pushups, might even make more sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment