Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Monday, December 4, 2017

Ego and Pride

I have often been told I am an auditory learner. I cheated in violin by playing by ear instead of learning to sure read properly. Things that people say once often echo u my memory years.... And now decades later. However, I also know that people have often told me that I do not listen to them. That I discount their opinions. In truth, my first reaction to certain ways of doing things is often anger... Though I have changed that throughbtaching children and have tried to always be open to new perspectives, even when it us coming at you in an attack.

I have missed opportunities because I did not consult with my students before making a decision.


But as someone who is known for listening, it can cut right through your guts to hear that you have not been listening to someone whose words you have obsessed over as if they come from the divine.

I suppose that is why so many wars and fabric movements argue about interpretation of scripture.

No comments:

Post a Comment