Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Dream Mother

I saw my mother in a dream last night.

I was chasing around a cousin (A Chinese cousin who is not a blood cousin but has the same last name as me) and part of the dream was for some reason I was back in town for Dragon Boat... but there was no Dragon boat to be seen. I searched all night and ran into my cousin and my mother outside Castle Square, near the high rises.

I have seen my mother in dreams before but often I ignore her or she sends me on an errand. In the dream she was not well, but she was taller than me, which hasn't been true since I was 11 or so.

She shook my hand. Again she was weak, and in the process of moving some table with a friend. All of her friends were these young hot women who were then picked up by uglier men who were helpful to my mother in someway, through carpentry.

My mother had her own life going and was happy to see me, but her realm was somewhere in her own apartment.

"I like to be out and about... that's why I haven't been down there yet."

And down there... I take that to be where I am, New Jersey.

It's true, I have yet to see a rabbit here. Plenty of deer... but no rabbits. And not only am I superstitious, but I realize that I am Pagan to the core, if I can believe through a dream that my mother's spirit is something that is in a physical place. And that place is Boston, in the Castle Square projects to be exact... or at least the representations of these places that exist in my mind.


When I say Pagan, I do not mean either that I am not a Christian, or a the same mix of all the other stuff I belief in including atheism.

The atheist account for this dream is that it is all my mind processing events so spirits places and pictures are simply my mind's representation of them.

But in truth, these things have come to be more real to me than my actual surroundings as I adjust to living a life that before, I had only seen on television and movies... especially ones about the 80's.

When you are actually living the American Dream, the one that is presented to you on television....and you had since rejected that idea as illusion, I suppose it becomes difficult to adjust when that illsuion becomes a physical reality.


In any case... I will compensate by doing Kung Fu and making my kids do it against their will. The way I see it, it is better than screen time all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment