Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Push it to the limit... sort of

I don't know if it was because the weather was warm pr because yesterday, after the T was delayed because of T action I had to run to pick up my kids and felt that I wasn't able to do it as easily as I should have, but today I went all Insanity p90X on my Kung Fu practice.

Well not quite. I kept the Old man philosophy in mind.

But instead of walking to the park and doing Tai Chi like Mein Lei jum

I ran (not full speed so jogged I guess) down a hill, up a hill and started doing external forms. Then I would jogg off and hit a tree, do 100 of a basic (still not full speed full power, but more to strengthen the core and feel my hipflexors and achilles slowly stretch and warm as I tuned my waist in horse stance, and then I would jog off and do pushups and then another form and basically run around like a monkey that didn't stop moving. I also worked dome wushu kicks and high knees, butt kicks and bear walks in there.

I didn't "push it to the limit"


Because I feel that people often forget how this movie ends... and I remember throwing kicks in winter and pulling stuff. So everything was under full performance level and slow. But it felt could to push it a little more. I feel like I have to do my internal though now. And mostly I felt that my leg muscles that are used for jumping and running got more of a work out. I want to be able to be more physical. To jump over things etc. And tone up a little more than what my mental exercise of walking and Tai Chi was doing for me. 

I probably looked like I was being intense though because I stripped down to no T shirt. Although it wasn't that cold, there was frost on the grass, so I looked more like a crazy work out guy than elderly guy in the park. We'll see if this mtovation lasts when the temperatures drop again though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment