Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Summer is coming

I feel checked out. It's weird that I feel checked out because it's not like I'm in school. But I am already thinking of what we will do in the summer. Mostly Kung Fu.
Noah had been misbehaving at school. Mommy talked to him. Miss Shea started a happy face sad face system. I have started waking him up at 7:00 am to do meditation, stretching and calisthenics and then Mein Lay jum, which even Noah calls Tai Chi. I don't do the whole form and we don't meditate for long. The hard is part, is waking up. But instead of just meditating myself, I take the extra effort to force Noah to do it with the idea that in a month, he will actually be meditating, even if it is for five or ten minutes.
In the summer I plan to start the day like this too. Should I force Jonah too? Maybe I should first make sure that Noah will do it.
Then will come breakfast and play time. And then I will enforce a basics class. This will mostly be me doing basics and the children will follow along. I'm not sure how this will go. Then will come lunch. After lunch there will be free playtime. Perhaps we will do dulcimer. Maybe we will go back out to the playground. Maybe we will go swimming.
Maybe swimming will sometimes happen in the morning.
Before dinner, we will have a Kung Fu Class. Lion Dance. Hand form, stick form, sword form. Free style. The way he does it now.
And then, last but not least, we we will have to go through sup ji. Hopefully We can go through it three times. We will have to do some math, some Chinese, and some other sorts of reading too.
I think Summer will be a busy time for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment