Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mommy's stories vs. Mine

Mommy told Shao that she would make him his own lunch and give him three points if he did well in his violin lesson. So during his lesson, (according to Mommy) he would play really well and then suddenly turn to her with a great big open mouthed smile that he does, and which only Grace can copy. It has to do with the cheeks.
Hearing this story and so many others I was wondering, does Noah only do these funny stories with Grace? Or does he do stuff with me too and I just don't notice? I guess a funny story with me is that getting ready for school I noticed him running through his sup ji moves by himself without prompting. I don't usually give him points for this self practice. Should I? I just try to stay out of the way of his learning.
We got to school pretty early on our bikes and he played with his friends. Doesn't sound quite as cute as Mommy's story.
Jonah has better stories with Mommy too. He usually tells her things. His deepest inner more thoughts.
What was my story with Jonah?
Well yesterday at the playground he ran away, across the street. It took two seconds. Like I had suspected he was going to do something, and then found him in the playground... false alarm. And then a second later after I relaxed he did the real thing.
I think I will have to strap him into a stroller again.

In fact. Noah almost got hit by a truck too because although he looked both ways before crossing. A truck pulled passed him and then proceeded to back up. This street usually doesn't have any cars and so it was our practice street for crossing. But this truck backing up was something new and almost got him.

I guess it's back to only crossing with Baba for a while.

I didn't even get scared because there was nothing I could do. Jonah was throwing a tantrum in my arms while I was trying to put him on his bike, which he didn't ride.

Well today me and Jonah are going to Little Panda. Perhaps I will lock him in the stroller for that too. Just as a safety precaution. I honestly thought we were beyond this section of parenting and moving more into reasoning with them and teaching.

I guess not.


No comments:

Post a Comment